BIRTH DOULA/ LABOUR SUPPORT
Doula's have been used for thousands of years to help women feel supported during labour. As your Doula I am 100% committed to your physical and emotional well-being, and soon as you hire me I become on-call for you 24/7. When your contractions are 5min apart I am only a cab ride away to provide massage, pain relief, and anything else you need of me. It is my mission is to assist you in having the most supportive and comfortable birthing experience possible.
In addition to my Doula training with Trimesters, I am also an AYUDOULA- the term given to a Doula who is trained in Ayurvedic prenatal and postpartum care. This is for women who wish to follow Ayurvedic guidelines of massage and nutrition as a way to maintain healthy bodily tissues leading up to childbirth, and during the first 40 days after childbirth to optimize postpartum recovery.
Book a free 1 hour consultation with Monica to see if hiring her as your Doula is the right choice for you:
Labour Support is within an RMT's scope of practice, therefore some of your costs may be covered by your insurance plan.
Clinical studies have found that a Doula’s presence at birth:
- Results in shorter labours with fewer complications
- Reduces fear and anxiety leading up to the birth experience
- Reduces the need for pitocin- a labour-inducing drug
- Significant decrease in the use of unnecessary medical interventions such as forceps, vacuum extraction, or cesareans
- Both parents feel more supported during the birth experience
MAJOR BENEFITS OF HIRING A DOULA WHO IS ALSO AN RMT:
- Having someone who is highly trained and skilled at providing pain relief during labour
- Discounted Massage Therapy throughout your pregnancy to reduce pain and stress
- Expecting Mothers have somebody they can always talk to and feel heard
- Overall more total satisfaction with the entire birthing experience
- Partners feel more involved in the birthing process
Hiring a Doula includes:
- 24 hr on-call availability
- 24 hr unlimited telephone/ text/ email support before and after your child's birth
- 2 hour consultation to meet your family and discuss the details of your ideal birth
- Pain relief and support during the entire duration of your labour, no matter how long it takes
- Postnatal check-up within 1 week after birth
- More extensive Postpartum care is also available